17 January, 2016

MSK-12C02 SMD Slider Switch SPDT Eagle Footprint

I needed a SMD switch for a project and since I couldn't find the footprint online, I had to create it myself.

Sparkfun does sell similar switches as the one I wanted but I needed something cheaper, and eBay had just the part I had in mind. For about 2€/US$ you get 20 of them, including shipping.
So I ordered some but as I compared them with the Sparkfun Eagle footprint (SWITCH-SPDT-SMD-A), I noticed that they didn't fit quite right.




I followed this excellent guide from Sparkfun and designed the footprint based on this datasheet. Since my switches had already arrived, I confirmed the dimensions with a digital caliper. Everything seemed correct except for the legs, which where a little longer, so I increased the size of the pads a little.





Update: tested and fits good enough:




You can Download the Eagle library .lbr file Here.

8 comments: